A children’s book becomes a classic when the meaning evolves with the reader…
Abridged adult version:
- Feed yourself with knowledge and experience.
- Marinate on it for a while.
- Go for it!
- Eat healthy food.
- Learn how to count.
- Keep track of the days of the week.
- Understand the stages of the butterfly.
Yoga version: super fun!!
1. Moon: Half-moon pose (arms above the head and bend to the right then left)
2. Little Egg on a Leaf: Child Pose (sit on the knees and face down to the floor)
3. 1 Apple, 2 Pears, 3 Plums: Counting and Clapping
4. Leaf: Tree Pose (stand on one leg and bend the other with one foot on the ankle)
5. Cocoon: Hand Stand (support at the hips!)
6. Butterfly: Sitting in Butterfly Pose (feet together and knees out)
Endless gratitude to Eric Carle for his universal masterpiece.
…What books transcend age and time for you?